Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP - Data Lake creation failed: Operation timed out. Template install timed out with this command id: <id>

Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to register an environment using AWS but I get this error:

Data Lake creation failed: Operation timed out. Template install timed out with this command id: 1546333784

When I log into AWS I can see that three instances were provisioned

1. cdp-env7-freeipa-10778-master0

2. datalake7-79244-master

3. datalake7-79244-idbroker

Where can I find more logs? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, 

Marcin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

The error likely indicates that some AWS resources were not reachable from CDP control plane. Double check your security policy settings and any proxy settings. Reach out to support as they will be able to better assist by being able to look at your particular environment setup.

Regarding the logs, if the CM instance was stood up in your Data Lake, you can search the logs by clicking "Command logs" or "Service logs" in the Data Lake tab of your Data Lake environment. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

The error likely indicates that some AWS resources were not reachable from CDP control plane. Double check your security policy settings and any proxy settings. Reach out to support as they will be able to better assist by being able to look at your particular environment setup.

Regarding the logs, if the CM instance was stood up in your Data Lake, you can search the logs by clicking "Command logs" or "Service logs" in the Data Lake tab of your Data Lake environment. 

Explorer

Thanks! The problem was the security groups configuration 🙂