Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP Public user creation

Explorer

Hi Team,

I bought CDP Public platform. And I have user and my purpose is to create Data-Hub Cluster and with my custom definition and template I have created a data hub cluster. And I see list of URL for access like Cloudera Manager, Hue and some. If I click cloudera manager URL it directly login to Cloudera Console page without any authentication. But I want to create multiple user with Cloudera access, Hue UI access. I have created machine user and I have created workload password also but how to access the UI with this User as there is only one UI access which I created initially but for the rest I'm not able to create or access console page for any services.

Please help me with this.

Regards,

V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hello @vishal_ 

Yes you are right.  Machine users in CDP have programmatic access.

If you have IDP integration with CDP you can create one user at Azure and add the user to the Azure AD group that is mapped with CDP and ask the user to login from Azure end to access the CDP application.

If you are using CDP local users (users are directly created in CDP) you can reach out to your accounts team or open an administrative case from support portal to add the user to CDP and then you can manage access accordingly. 

I hope I have answered your question.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

Hey @vishal_ 

You can refer to the below doc[1] to understand the CDP user accounts. Please have a look into it and let us know if you have further queries.

doc[1]: Understanding CDP user accounts

Thanks.

Master Collaborator

Hello @vishal_ 

Yes you are right.  Machine users in CDP have programmatic access.

If you have IDP integration with CDP you can create one user at Azure and add the user to the Azure AD group that is mapped with CDP and ask the user to login from Azure end to access the CDP application.

If you are using CDP local users (users are directly created in CDP) you can reach out to your accounts team or open an administrative case from support portal to add the user to CDP and then you can manage access accordingly. 

I hope I have answered your question.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.