Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP replication manager copy impala dbs from a classic CDH cluster

Explorer

Hi All,

So i'm on the latest CDP public cloud trial with AWS, i've successfullly registered an environment and datalake on AWS, I've also added my old CDH 6.3.2 cluster to the CDP platform successfully. I went through replication manager creating policy process, it validated successfully, but when i actually ran the policy, it gave me the error " bad request (policydefinition.hive.externaltable.basedirectory:must be a valid cloud storage path) , can someone help me on this? I'm all at lostScreen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.21.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.28.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.29.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.29.11 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor

Hello.

The error clearly states that you don't have valid cloud storage path.

Can you verify the S3 bucket path and its permissions?

Community Manager

@jayGenesis, were you able to resolve the issue? If were, can you please post the solution here or mark the appropriate reply as a solution? If you are still experiencing the issue, can you provide the information @Atahar has requested?

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Rising Star

Verifying whether the Replication Manager service interacts with the Data Lake Cloudera Manager instance and vice-versa for Hive replication

https://docs.cloudera.com/replication-manager/cloud/operations/topics/rm-port-requirements-cdh.html