Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP trial version admin rights

Explorer

Hi everyone,

I have signed up for the CDP 60-days trial verison because I will work with Cloudera on the job soon and therefore I would like to get familiar with it in advance and do some of these tutorials: https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials.html#?fq=

When I go to Cloudera Data Platform I dont see any environments and I cant create/register news ones, because I am not the admin. During the registration process, there was no way to choose any specific user rights. It seems I have confused a few things, as I thought the Public Cloud trial would be some kind of sandbox where I could try out all kind of stuff like connecting to my AWS databases etc., but I don't see how this works if I lack the admin rights. Can anyone tell me if I can create an admin account by myself or if there is any other way to get free temporary access to some sandbox-like environment?

Thanks a lot in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

According to the docs, the support needs to assign me admin rights:

The CDP account administrator user account cannot be managed within CDP. You must contact Cloudera support to add or remove an account administrator from your CDP account.

Stated here: https://docs.cloudera.com/management-console/cloud/user-management/topics/mc-cdp-account-administrat...

Hi @Ploeplse 

Your assumption that the 60-day trial of Public Cloud is a great way to get familiar with CDP is correct. You should be able to open a case with via the Cloudera Support portal and request the required administrative privileges granted to you. If for some reason you don't have the ability to open a support case, you'll have to reach out to the appropriate contact person in your organization who can open a support case and have them do it for you.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Community Manager

@Ploeplse Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: