Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CFM- Nifi service is not starting due to "ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader: Context initialization failed"

Contributor

Nifi service is not coming up due to the error 

/var/log/nifi/nifi-app.log

2019-08-16 14:45:57,385 ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader: Context initialization failed

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.security.config.annotation.web.configuration.WebSecurityConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setFilterChainProxySecurityConfigurer' parameter 1; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanExpressionException: Expression parsing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.nifi.web.NiFiWebApiSecurityConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setJwtAuthenticationProvider' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'jwtAuthenticationProvider' defined in class path resource [nifi-web-security-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'jwtService' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'jwtService' defined in class path resource [nifi-web-security-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'keyService' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'keyService' defined in class path resource [nifi-administration-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'keyTransactionBuilder' while setting bean property 'transactionBuilder'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'keyTransactionBuilder' defined in class path resource [nifi-administration-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'keyDataSource' while setting bean property 'dataSource'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'keyDataSource': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions: close all other connection(s); use the server mode [90020-176]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$AutowiredMethodElement.inject(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:666)

Any insights? 

Hemanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Another instance is running and blocking in background.

Check running processes and kill them

ps -ef | grep nifi 

after that, restart.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

Another instance is running and blocking in background.

Check running processes and kill them

ps -ef | grep nifi 

after that, restart.

Contributor

HI @Faerballert 

Thanks for reply.

I cannot find another instance running on the background.

[root@ip-172-31-15-238 ec2-user]# ps -ef | grep nifi
root 15458 15388 0 12:31 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto nifi
nifi 16931 11875 0 11:49 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/python2 /opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/cm proc_watcher 16939
nifi 16939 16931 0 11:49 ? 00:00:05 /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_181-cloudera//bin/java -cp /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/45-nifi-NIFI_NODE:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/bootstrap/* -Xms12m -Xmx24m -Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.log.dir=/var/log/nifi -Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.pid.dir=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/45-nifi-NIFI_NODE -Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.file=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/45-nifi-NIFI_NODE/bootstrap.conf org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi run
nifi 16940 16931 0 11:49 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/python2 /opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/cm redactor --fds 3 5
nifi 17181 16939 14 11:49 ? 00:05:55 /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_181-cloudera/bin/java -classpath /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/45-nifi-NIFI_NODE:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/jul-to-slf4j-1.7.25.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/jetty-schemas-3.1.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/nifi-runtime-1.9.0.1.0.0.0-90.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/nifi-api-1.9.0.1.0.0.0-90.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/logback-core-1.2.3.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.25.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/nifi-properties-1.9.0.1.0.0.0-90.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/slf4j-api-1.7.25.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/nifi-nar-utils-1.9.0.1.0.0.0-90.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/nifi-framework-api-1.9.0.1.0.0.0-90.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/javax.servlet-api-3.1.0.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/logback-classic-1.2.3.jar:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CFM-1.0.0.0/NIFI/lib/log4j-over-slf4j-1.7.25.jar -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.disablejsr199=true -Xmx512m -Xms512m -Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=true -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dsun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseG1GC -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.net.www.protocol -Dnifi.properties.file.path=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/45-nifi-NIFI_NODE/nifi.properties -Dnifi.bootstrap.listen.port=36497 -Dapp=NiFi -Dorg.apache.nifi.bootstrap.config.log.dir=/var/log/nifi org.apache.nifi.NiFi -K /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/45-nifi-NIFI_NODE/sensitive.key

I have killed the processes and restarted Nifi but still the same error message.

Hemanth

Contributor

Hi @Faerballert ,

Yes you are correct. Issue is resolved after restart of the Nifi node. 

Hemanth

Contributor

Hello Faerballert!  Sorry to barge into this thread.  I am also receiving this same error.  When I run the command you recommended, I obtain the following result:

dave@nificlient1:~/tools/nifi-1.19.1-bin/nifi-1.19.1/bin$ ps aux | grep nifi
avahi 1026 0.0 0.0 7756 3840 ? Ss 13:59 0:00 avahi-daemon: running [nificlient1.local]
dave 462448 0.0 0.0 6608 2228 pts/0 S+ 16:01 0:00 grep --color=auto nifi

How can i successfully kill these processes?

Thank you!

VR,

Dave

Contributor

What I am tryin mg to do is install a nifi cluster onto 3 Ubuntu 22.04 clients. I first installed nifi on each client independently. And then attempted to install a cluster using the same clients…I first stopped the nifi service running on each of the clients before attempting to install a cluster. 

Should I not install nifi separately on each of the clients before attempting to install the cluster?

thank you for any guidance