Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can Ambari server and agent run on same host ?

Contributor

Hello,

I am a newbie to horton and ambari. I am trying to make a 2 node hadoop cluster with physical server.

I am thinking of using Ambari to do provisioning. However since i only have 2 nodes, can i use Ambari server and ambari-agent on same node?

Right now if i do that, ambari-agent fails to startup and gives java unknown host exception . when i used FQDN

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes thats possible and necessary if you want to add services to your Ambari-server node.

How does your Ambari Agent configuration look like?

Make sure you have prepared the environment according to http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.2.1/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_prepare_the_e..., especially DNS settings.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Contributor

Thanks Geoffrey for the reply.

Nodes hostname are krplhadoop,kaimrc and krplhadoop2.kaimrc .

tail -f /var/log/ambar-server/ambari-server.log

08:19:01,618 INFO HeartBeatHandler:108 - Received heartbeat from host, hostname=krplhadoop2.kaimrc, currentResponseId=25038, receivedResponseId=25038 08:19:01,618 INFO AgentResource:109 - Sending heartbeat response with response id 25039 08:19:11,579 INFO

ambari-freeze.png.

Master Mentor

@Majid Ali Syed Amjad Ali Sayed

Did you check all the above steps ignoring any will cause your deployment to stall!

Master Mentor

@Majid Ali Syed Amjad Ali Sayed

please post the results of the following command:

hostname -f

then post the contents of /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini

Contributor

hostname -f

krplhadoop.kaimrc

hostname -f

krplhadoop2.kaimrc

There is no file that is /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari-server.ini

Master Mentor

Sorry, my mistake, I edited the question. Please paste the contents of 2nd command

Contributor

Artem attaching the contents of 2 command

ambari.txt

Master Mentor

@Majid Ali Syed Amjad Ali Sayed can you post the first 20 lines, I want to see your server proprties

Contributor

Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more # contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with # this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.

# The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0 # (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with # the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at

# # http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 # #

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software # distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, # WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. # See the License for the specific

[server]

hostname=krplhadoop.kaimrc

url_port=8440

secured_url_port=8441

Master Mentor

Now paste output of /etc/hosts @Majid Ali Syed Amjad Ali Sayed

Contributor

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4

::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

10.10.8.151 krplhadoop.kaimrc

10.10.8.152 krplhadoop2.kaimrc