Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can Cloudbreak custom template be deployed on existing node of cluster on Azure?

Rising Star

I want to set up a 4 Node cluster on Azure consisting of Edge Node, Name Node, and 2 Data Nodes using cloud break. I want to setup cloud break on Edge Node of my cluster.Is there a way to do that? The "Deploy to Azure" link on documentation page creates c cloud break custom template on new Virtual Machine. Can i do the same on already existing VM of my Azure Cluster?

http://sequenceiq.com/cloudbreak-docs/master/azure/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

If you would like to install Cloudbreak on an existing VM you can do it as described here: http://sequenceiq.com/cloudbreak-docs/latest/onprem/

If I understand you correctly, you would like to have a 4 node cluster installed by Cloudbreak, and you would like to have that the cloudbreak is running on the edge node of this cluster. If this is the case, then this is a chicken and egg problem, you cannot really have a cluster created by Cloudbreak and install Cloudbreak only later on when the cluster is ready.

But if you would like to have just an extra Cloudbreak installed on an existing Edge node, then you can certainly do it, although I would not consider this case as best practice.

Attila

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

If you would like to install Cloudbreak on an existing VM you can do it as described here: http://sequenceiq.com/cloudbreak-docs/latest/onprem/

If I understand you correctly, you would like to have a 4 node cluster installed by Cloudbreak, and you would like to have that the cloudbreak is running on the edge node of this cluster. If this is the case, then this is a chicken and egg problem, you cannot really have a cluster created by Cloudbreak and install Cloudbreak only later on when the cluster is ready.

But if you would like to have just an extra Cloudbreak installed on an existing Edge node, then you can certainly do it, although I would not consider this case as best practice.

Attila

Rising Star

@Attila Kanto

Thanks for your reply.You understood my problem correctly. Actually we would be getting 4 VM's being spinned up by Microsoft Team. And we want to install cluster on those VM's using cloudbreak. And we do not have the provision to set up an extra VM to deploy just cloudbreak custom template. So we would like to install the cloudbreak on any of our existing VM. That's why i was asking for best practice to do that if any?

So as per your answer, I think we should first install cloudbreak on Edge Node following the link shared by you and then start setting up the cluster once the cloudbreak is completely installed? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Rahul

Expert Contributor

That would work. You can install Cloudbreak on that edge node if you are following the instructions described available in the documentation, of course that node must meet the prerequisites defined in the doc.

Attila

Rising Star

@Attila Kanto

Thanks for the reply. I was going through the details in the link shared by you and i found that Cloudbreak Installation public repo is being pulled from AWS S3 storage. I am assuming it would be generic for Azure as well? And this approach would be the same for Azure cloud as well?