Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can NiFiv1.2 work with Confluent Schema Registry?

Expert Contributor

Hi guys,

I'd like to know the difference between Hortonworks schema registry vs. Confluent schema registry.

Are they compatible? In other words, may I directly point the ConfluentSchemaRegistry URL to the HortonworksSchemaRegistry control service?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

I can't speak to the differences between the two registries, but I don't believe they are completely API compatible so I don't think you can point NiFi's HortonworksSchemaRegistry service at a Confluent schema registry.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

I can't speak to the differences between the two registries, but I don't believe they are completely API compatible so I don't think you can point NiFi's HortonworksSchemaRegistry service at a Confluent schema registry.

Expert Contributor

Thanks. I did try it. It seems we can't simply use ConfluentSchemaRegistry to replace HortonworksSchemaRegistry in the control service.

Super Guru

@Alvin Jin

Also, let's keep in mind that Confluent Schema Registry is for Avro and for Kafka only. Hortonworks Schema Registry is meant to manage much more than Avro for Kafka. Stay tuned. Hortonworks Schema Registry is meant for all consumers from HDF and HDP platforms, not only for Kafka and will gradually support all commonly used formats.