Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can nifi give me tweets from a particular location?

Contributor

I am only interested in analyzing the tweets from a particular location. There are some options in tweeter API for R to get location based tweets. Is there is anyway I can get tweets from specific location using Nifi?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In Nifi you have the in built GetTwitter processor which pulls tweets through twitter streaming API. As part of the tweets you can pull the location information by extracting the twitter.coordinates field. Coordinates represents the geographic location of this Tweet as reported by the user or client application. The inner coordinates array is formatted as geoJSON (longitude first, then latitude).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

In Nifi you have the in built GetTwitter processor which pulls tweets through twitter streaming API. As part of the tweets you can pull the location information by extracting the twitter.coordinates field. Coordinates represents the geographic location of this Tweet as reported by the user or client application. The inner coordinates array is formatted as geoJSON (longitude first, then latitude).