Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can not access zeppelin

Explorer

I am not able to open Http connect to zeppelin on my sandbox.

I am using Virtualbox. Here are things I have tried.

-- Added port 9995 to port forwarding under network under settings.

--Use either localhost:9995, 127.0.0.1:9995 or sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com:9995

--Restarted zeppelin a few times. Running service check returns no error. Looks like zeppelin server is running.

--Tried to update group owner from hadoop to zeppelin on folder (and subfolder) /usr/hdp/2.6.3.0-235/zeppelin/webapps/

The error I get in Chrome:

This site can't be reached.

The connect was reset.

Not sure what else to try.

Thanks

Long

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Final resolved the issue after following steps in this link.

https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/sandbox-port-forwarding-guide/

Looks like in addition to open port in Virtualbox, I also had to open port in docker image.

The only thing is that the start script is actually under /sandbox not /root. Also the file to modify is /sandbox/sandbox-deploy.sh

Also I was not able to save my current VM image so after I ran the commands the VM images was re-initialized. So I had to re-configure everything again. I did not run docker commit as instructed. It took some time to run, but I have no idea what was saved and why I was not able to use saved VM image.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer

The VM image I am using: HDF_3.0.2.0.virtualbox_28_11_2017.ova

Super Collaborator

@Long M Can you try ambari quick link to access the zeppelin UI. Attaching the screenshot so that its more evident.

zeppelin-quicklink.jpg

Explorer

Final resolved the issue after following steps in this link.

https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/sandbox-port-forwarding-guide/

Looks like in addition to open port in Virtualbox, I also had to open port in docker image.

The only thing is that the start script is actually under /sandbox not /root. Also the file to modify is /sandbox/sandbox-deploy.sh

Also I was not able to save my current VM image so after I ran the commands the VM images was re-initialized. So I had to re-configure everything again. I did not run docker commit as instructed. It took some time to run, but I have no idea what was saved and why I was not able to use saved VM image.

Explorer

I did run docker commit