Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can not select Set hive.execution.engine as Tez

New Contributor

I am at step 2.1.1 of Hadoop Tutorial - Getting started with HDP (see link below)

https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/hadoop-tutorial-getting-started-with-hdp/section/3/

It states to select.execution.engine as Tez in the settings. I can see the option in drop down menu, or type it in, but I can not select it.

I have installed the "HDP_2.6_virtualbox_05_05_2017_14_46_00_hdp" OVF in a Virtualbox version 5.1.22R115126. The host machine is Windows 7 professional.

17502-hive-selection-engine.jpg

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @sai saiedfar

I've seen this in the Ambari Hive View 2.0, where if you once select a property, it becomes grey and cannot be selected again. I suspect its a UI bug, and will report it internally. To work around it, get out of the Hive View 2.0 and come back in and the property will be selectable again. When I tried just now, I just went back to the Ambari dashboard, waited it for the dashboard to load, then went back into the Hive View 2.0 and the property was again selectable for me to set. In the first screenshot, the values I've tried to select, did not update, and re-select are grey. In the second screenshot, ascreen-shot-2017-06-23-at-103601-am.pngfter going out and back into the Hive View 2.0, they are selectable again and able for me to set the execution engine to 'tez'.

screen-shot-2017-06-23-at-

102625-am.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Guru

Hi @sai saiedfar

I've seen this in the Ambari Hive View 2.0, where if you once select a property, it becomes grey and cannot be selected again. I suspect its a UI bug, and will report it internally. To work around it, get out of the Hive View 2.0 and come back in and the property will be selectable again. When I tried just now, I just went back to the Ambari dashboard, waited it for the dashboard to load, then went back into the Hive View 2.0 and the property was again selectable for me to set. In the first screenshot, the values I've tried to select, did not update, and re-select are grey. In the second screenshot, ascreen-shot-2017-06-23-at-103601-am.pngfter going out and back into the Hive View 2.0, they are selectable again and able for me to set the execution engine to 'tez'.

screen-shot-2017-06-23-at-

102625-am.png