Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can not start secure datanode - can not find JSVC daemon loader

I have set up a single node Hadoop cluster (not HDP) where I want to enable Kerberos. Namenode and secondary Namenode start fine, but Datanode does not start.

I try to start it via JSVC. When executing "start-secure-dns.sh" to start Datanode in a secure mode I don't get an output and it also does not log to the datanode log file. But I can see the following in "jsvc.err":

23/05/2017 01:12:59 1279 jsvc.exec error: Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
23/05/2017 01:12:59 1257 jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 1

I have installed JSVC via paket manager with "yum install jsvc" and I export the JSVC_HOME properly (I verified this by setting a wrong JSVC_HOME where I get an error when executing the starting script).

Did I install jsvc incorrectly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally solved it by myself by not using JSVC but using SASL instead as described in the official Apache documentation and in the HWX docu.

I've created a single node Hadoop cluster using Docker which is on Github and Dockerhub.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I finally solved it by myself by not using JSVC but using SASL instead as described in the official Apache documentation and in the HWX docu.

I've created a single node Hadoop cluster using Docker which is on Github and Dockerhub.