Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't delete process group - "because it contains 1 Templates"

Contributor

I'm a little confused as to why I can't delete an empty process group. I had wrapped a template in a process group but I want to remove it from my "Nifi screen". I'm not sure what to do about the displayed error (attached screenshot) as I have already deleted all components that were inside of the process group. It's also not connected to anything else. Is there no "force delete" or something of that sort?

Thanks in advance.

64954-screenshot-from-2018-03-29-14-05-43.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Vincent van Oudenhoven

You need to go to the hamburger menu at the top right of the UI, click on template, and delete the template that you added at this process group level.

67447-screen-shot-2018-03-29-at-82655-pm.png

67448-screen-shot-2018-03-29-at-82802-pm.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Vincent van Oudenhoven

You need to go to the hamburger menu at the top right of the UI, click on template, and delete the template that you added at this process group level.

67447-screen-shot-2018-03-29-at-82655-pm.png

67448-screen-shot-2018-03-29-at-82802-pm.png

Contributor

Ah I see. Thank you! What is the reasoning behind this (feel free to just point me in the right direction if it's elaborate)?

As you can see in my second screenshot, a template is attached to a process group. This is the scope of the template. In this case, a template is a resource attached to your process group. A process group can not be deleted until all its attached resources are deleted.

Contributor

But by deleting the templates you delete them from the "templates menu" as well. Aren't templates and process groups independent? I can add a template and then wrap it in a process group. Why isn't it enough to remove the particular instance of that template?

Master Guru

When NiFi refactored it's security model between 0.x and 1.x lines, templates were moved to be associated with the process group where you uploaded the template. This was done so that template was protected by the same security policies as the process group where it was uploaded. Unfortunately the "View Templates" capability is still from the global menu, but should really be from the context palette on the left based on the process group you are in.