Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't kerberize cluster - broken pipe error

Contributor

Hey there,

I'm trying to kerberize my cluster. I installed Kerberos 5 server following this guide. Everything there seemed to work. After that I tried to kerberize my cluster following the official documentation, but it fails after testing the Kerberos clients with the following error:

500 status code received on POST method for API: /api/v1/clusters/BIKW/requests

Error message: An internal system exception occurred: Failed to execute the command: Broken pipe

Sadly I couldn't find another post where someone had a similar problem. I attached the log with the complete error stack.

ambari-server.zip

I would appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Markus Wilhelm

I have done 100's of Kerberos setup on hadoop never encountered this particular error weird

To be after to help you can you share a scrambled version of the below files

/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl 
/etc/krb5.conf 
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

Can you ensure that all the components of your cluster BIKW are running? Validate the services are okay with "Run service Check"

Make sure the below daemons are set to autostart and are running before launching the Ambari Kerberos Utility

# chkconfig krb5kdc on 
# chkconfig kadmin on

Please revert

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

@Markus Wilhelm

I have done 100's of Kerberos setup on hadoop never encountered this particular error weird

To be after to help you can you share a scrambled version of the below files

/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl 
/etc/krb5.conf 
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

Can you ensure that all the components of your cluster BIKW are running? Validate the services are okay with "Run service Check"

Make sure the below daemons are set to autostart and are running before launching the Ambari Kerberos Utility

# chkconfig krb5kdc on 
# chkconfig kadmin on

Please revert