Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't login to HDP 2.4.

Contributor

I'm using linux fedora 23.

First, there is no prompt "You can access SSH by $ ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222" on startup screen.

Second, when I try to connect from my terminal to started HDP 2.4 sandbox via ssh I got the error:

$ ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222

ssh: connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 2222: Connection refused

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Zeev Lazarev

The network is the tricky part of the Sandbox ! You should the appropriate in the attached screenshot I am using LAN connection.

See the attached document it should be of help and let me know if all went well.

After the successful boot I proceed with root login then change the ambari user admin password

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru
@Zeev Lazarev

Can you access the machine directly from console? Pls try doing so.

Also if the ip is changed for the machine please check ipaddress and try using ipadress instead of 127.0.0.1 in ssh command.

Contributor

Hi Sagar,

Yes I'm able to access the machine directly from its VB console with user/password provided. Also, ip address that assigned to VB by DHCP is 10.0.0.22 and when I try to ssh to this address from my terminal I got:

ssh root@10.0.0.22 -p 2222 ssh: connect to host 10.0.0.22 port 2222: No route to host

When I ping 10.0.0.22 I see that I can't reach this VB from my OS.

$ ping 10.0.0.22 PING 10.0.0.22 (10.0.0.22) 56(84) bytes of data. From 10.0.0.15 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

Master Mentor

@Zeev Lazarev

The network is the tricky part of the Sandbox ! You should the appropriate in the attached screenshot I am using LAN connection.

See the attached document it should be of help and let me know if all went well.

After the successful boot I proceed with root login then change the ambari user admin password

Contributor

Hi Geoffrey,

Assigning the network adapter in settings as per your doc. worked fine. Now I'm able to ssh to VB.

Thanks.