Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can we assign multiple nodes to a yarn node label? What are the precautions need to take while assigning nodes to node labels?

Expert Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I assigned multiple nodes to a node label. I configured the node labels accessible to specific queues sothat jobs submitted in a specific queue will run in the assigned nodes of a node label.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor
@Ram D

Yes based on this http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-...

Assign Node Labels to Cluster Nodes

Use the following command format to add or replace node label assignments on cluster nodes:

yarn rmadmin -replaceLabelsOnNode "<node1>:<port>=<label1> <node2>:<port>=<label2>"

For example, the following commands assign node label "x" to "node-1.example.com", and node label "y" to "node-2.example.com".

sudo su yarn
yarn rmadmin -replaceLabelsOnNode "node-1.example.com=x node-2.example.com=y"

Expert Contributor

I am asking multiple nodes to a single node label.

Master Mentor

@Ram D yes see my comment above

Master Mentor

yes you can assign multiple nodes to a label, that's the premise of node labels, you want to designate GPU heavy nodes to node label GPU, nodes with SSD to label SSD, etc, the label needs to be shared and not exclusive. Here's design PDF and yet another PDF for node lables and associated Jira.

Here's a screenshot from the first PDF:

1222-untitled.png

Expert Contributor

I assigned multiple nodes to a node label. I configured the node labels accessible to specific queues sothat jobs submitted in a specific queue will run in the assigned nodes of a node label.

Master Mentor