Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can we open and see the pdf and jpeg files via Fileview in ambari 2.5..?

Explorer

My cluster details:

HDP 2.6.3

Ambari 2.5

File view in ambari 1.0.0 - created and its working fine for uploading and other stuff.

My question here is can we open pdf files and .jpg files from HDFS. i ahve some pdf files from which we have created hive table and works fine so for all good.

I want open those pdf files via file view. Yes i can open but data is not a proper format , looks like some bianry format.

Is it possible to open pdf with proper format if yes kindly suggest any configs or settings.

Thanks,

kant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Kant T

File View will allow to upload binary files, However you can only view/read the Text files via Ambari View.

Binary files (Like PDF/ Image files) are not supposed to be displayed fine in File View.

In order to view those files, you can however use the "Download" button present in the file view to download the file on your local machine (laptop) and then open it in the suitable s/w (like Image viewers/ PDF reader)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

@Kant T

File View will allow to upload binary files, However you can only view/read the Text files via Ambari View.

Binary files (Like PDF/ Image files) are not supposed to be displayed fine in File View.

In order to view those files, you can however use the "Download" button present in the file view to download the file on your local machine (laptop) and then open it in the suitable s/w (like Image viewers/ PDF reader)