Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot access to Ambari web with NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID

Explorer

Hi!

I created cluster and tried to access to Ambari Web. However, I got an error "NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID" in IE, Firefox and chrome.

This issue has occurred with only Windows OS. Using Mac, I could access to Ambari Web successfully with the error "NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID" in chrome.

I cannot find the documents for the issue.

I need to access to Ambari Web using Windows PC.

Could you please tell me what is the cause and how to resolve that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

FYI I solved my NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID problem by using Firefox 46 on windows 7.

I think the issue is that the cluster uses sha1 certificates, and windows recently removed support for them. Browsers that use the windows OS for certificate handling think these certificates are corrupted now. I'm guessing that Firefox does its own certificate handling

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Takashi Nasu

Looks like you have setup HTTPs for ambari. in standard JKS format.

The ssl_keystore and ssl_truststore are standard JKS format key and trust store files. You can replace the content of these files with what you want. Just generate a cert and private key and put that in the keystore and put the signer in the truststore.

Please see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5l0FuAfCK4 to (How to fix NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error) understand more about NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID

Explorer
@jss

Thank you!

I cannot find the documents about that. I have no idea about the procedure. Do you know whether there is the document?

I don't know why I can access to Ambari using Mac...

Explorer

I have exactly the same NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID problem (cannot access Ambari on Windows 7) .

Are the AWS marketplace stacks meant to work 'out of the box'?

Master Mentor

Explorer

FYI I solved my NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID problem by using Firefox 46 on windows 7.

I think the issue is that the cluster uses sha1 certificates, and windows recently removed support for them. Browsers that use the windows OS for certificate handling think these certificates are corrupted now. I'm guessing that Firefox does its own certificate handling

Explorer

Thank you! This issue was gone using the newest Firefox on Windows 10. Using IE or Chrome, the issue is still exist.