Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot create volume in Ozone

Explorer

Hello

I installed CDP 7.1.1 because I wanted to try Ozone. I played a little with apache Ozone in the past and wanted to see how it is in Cloudera.

After installation, I went ahead and tried to create a volume using this command (which complies with the documentation):

ozone sh volume create --quota=1TB --user=hdfs /tests

I got this error message:

"Service ID or host name must not be omitted when ozone.om.service.ids is defined."

I searched the internet for the error and did not find anything useful. I looked for ozone-site.xml file and found that ozone.om.service.id was "ozone1". But I do not know where in the command should I specify it. the command syntax does not take any service id or host name.

Why am I getting this error ? how can I specify service id or host name so the volume will be created ?

Thanks

Guy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hi Guy,

Please try adjusting your command to the following:

ozone sh volume create --quota=1TB --user=hdfs o3://ozone1/tests

Note the documentation states that the last parameter is a URI in the format <prefix>://<Service ID>/<path>. Service Id is what you found in ozone-site.xml.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

Hi Guy,

Please try adjusting your command to the following:

ozone sh volume create --quota=1TB --user=hdfs o3://ozone1/tests

Note the documentation states that the last parameter is a URI in the format <prefix>://<Service ID>/<path>. Service Id is what you found in ozone-site.xml.