Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot find Druid and Superset in HDF 3.1.0

Hello,

I'm following the tutorials for HDF, but I'm struggling to do the "Real-Time Event Processing In NiFi, SAM, Schema Registry and SuperSet". I cannot find in the HDF virtualbox image the Druid and Superset that they use in the tutorial. When I try to add a new service in Ambari doesn't appear the options to install Druid or Superset. What I'm doing wrong?

https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/real-time-event-processing-in-nifi-sam-schema-registry-and-superset...

Thank you,

Rui

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

As noted by @gdeleon in Tutorial-830 cannot be completed with the HDF sandbox version 3.1.0, the current HDF 3.1.0 sandbox is incomplete and unusable for Tutorial-830.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer

Druid and Superset come as part of HDP. Druid requires HDFS and Superset requires a SQL engine such as Hive.

Contributor

As noted by @gdeleon in Tutorial-830 cannot be completed with the HDF sandbox version 3.1.0, the current HDF 3.1.0 sandbox is incomplete and unusable for Tutorial-830.

Thank you @Dave Welden. Do you know to to add the Druid and Superset services to the HDF?

Contributor

While it can be done, you would need to install HDFS, Hive, Druid, and Superset. My guess is that a future tutorial will require using both the HDP and the HDF sandboxes working together as this would be a typical configuration in a production setting.