Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot start WEB UI Hortonworks Sandbox HDP 3.0 VirtualBox 6.1 on Mac Catalina 10.15.7

New Contributor

Hi, 

I have installed  Hortonworks Sandbox HDP 3.0 in VirtualBox 6.1 on Mac Catalina 10.15.7 and I can run ssh but i cannot run the WEB UI in any browser i tried. The message i see than in browser says that server terminated the connection unexpectedly. What could i do to solve it ?

2 REPLIES 2

@Frosty ,

Perhaps another member of the community will recognize this specific problem with the Sandbox deployed on VirtualBox and respond in this thread. While you are waiting, I'd recommend you review the tutorial Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox and specifically Appendix B: Troubleshoot as there are some specific tips for VirtualBox that may be helpful to you. Also, you didn't mention how much RAM you have allocated, an inadequate amount of RAM could be a hinderance.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Dear Bill,

thank you very much for your reply! i have noticed that my machine also runs out of disk space so i decided to try  install the version 2.6.5. Hopefully it works.