Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot wipe out my cluster.

Expert Contributor

I was trying to upgrade HDP from 2.4 to 2.5. After many problems, I gave up on this and decided to wipe out HDP and Ambari and start again. I deleted everything (or so I thought!), and I got to the point of logging into Ambari in order to add hosts, create a cluster etc and it shows my old cluster as before, current version 2.4 upgrade 2.5 available.

I guess I missed something in my wiping out of my old setup. Where is this information stored so I can wipe it out too?

TIA!

PS I saw this but I do not have /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py on my system.

The steps I went through are in this document.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@ed day

As you mentioned that " you decided to wipe out HDP and Ambari and start again. I deleted everything (or so I thought!), and I got to the point of logging into Ambari in order to add hosts,... and it shows my old cluster as before"

I guess that might be happening if your ambari DB is not reset. Are you sure that you have executed the "ambari-server reset" and then "ambari-server setup" again to make sure that the information's stored inside the ambari DB is cleaned properly. (It is recommended to take ambari DB dump before making and DB related changes).

Steps :

# echo "Take ambari DB dump ... and then perform the following steps."
# ambari-server reset
# ambari-server setup
# ambari-server start

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@ed day

As you mentioned that " you decided to wipe out HDP and Ambari and start again. I deleted everything (or so I thought!), and I got to the point of logging into Ambari in order to add hosts,... and it shows my old cluster as before"

I guess that might be happening if your ambari DB is not reset. Are you sure that you have executed the "ambari-server reset" and then "ambari-server setup" again to make sure that the information's stored inside the ambari DB is cleaned properly. (It is recommended to take ambari DB dump before making and DB related changes).

Steps :

# echo "Take ambari DB dump ... and then perform the following steps."
# ambari-server reset
# ambari-server setup
# ambari-server start

Expert Contributor

@Jay SenSharma thanks! I don't think I did the reset step, I'll try tonight.

Expert Contributor

That was it!