Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Change delimiter in flume

Explorer

I am trying to learn flume and for this I am creating some rows to ingest. I have a row like

"ted";"27";"hi, i am good; you?";"ok"

With the delimiter as ; it separates me also the hi, i am good you? I want only to change field when the ; has a " next to it. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hello,

I haven't used Flume myself, but there is some mention of serializer.delimiter parameter in the Flume documentation. It would be helpful to know what the source of the data is (e.g. file on hdfs) and what the destination is (e.g. Hive).

Also you should know that in Cloudera Data Platform, Flume is no longer a supported component. If you are just starting to learn it, I would recommend saving yourself some time and exploring NiFi, Kafka, and Flink (good starter blog post).

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

Hello,

I haven't used Flume myself, but there is some mention of serializer.delimiter parameter in the Flume documentation. It would be helpful to know what the source of the data is (e.g. file on hdfs) and what the destination is (e.g. Hive).

Also you should know that in Cloudera Data Platform, Flume is no longer a supported component. If you are just starting to learn it, I would recommend saving yourself some time and exploring NiFi, Kafka, and Flink (good starter blog post).

Regards,

Alex