Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Check table stats for all tables

Explorer

I'd like to update stats (compute stats) for every table I have.  I have a ton of queries that are running without them.  I personally have access only to Hue for Impala, no console kind of access to server or anything.  I'm able to see status of stats for a table with describe formatted <table>, but it's a major pain to look through, and I have a ton of tables.

Is there any way to get a list of all tables and the status of their stats from Hue?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi,

I do not think we have a command to check all the table stats in one go, If you would like to update the stats on all tables i think you should prepare a custom script for it.

-> List all the tables from "show tables" command

-> copy the table names and run "show table stats <table-name>" on all the tables.

-> And then "compute stats <table-name>" on all the tables.

You can make a custom shell script with a for loop to run the compute stats on all the tables. All this should be done from terminal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Hi,

I do not think we have a command to check all the table stats in one go, If you would like to update the stats on all tables i think you should prepare a custom script for it.

-> List all the tables from "show tables" command

-> copy the table names and run "show table stats <table-name>" on all the tables.

-> And then "compute stats <table-name>" on all the tables.

You can make a custom shell script with a for loop to run the compute stats on all the tables. All this should be done from terminal.

Explorer

That's what I was afraid of.  I'm going through Cloudera Manager and looking at queries where missing_stats=true and going through one by one more or less.  Thanks for the response!