Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Clodera manager licence transfer

New Contributor

Hi Team,

My question is : how to transfer licence one organization to another organization.

Scenario: Current CDH cluster support roles hand over to other Organization. by this scenario how to get transfer licence related information. because exciting cluster have licence.

Thanks

Dwaraka Y 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Clodera manager licence transfer

Expert Contributor

Hi @Cloudsupport ,

Thanks for clarifying the situation.

If you are happy to message me privately via the Cloud Community messaging capability and tell me who company X and company Y are, I will see if I can get someone to help you.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

Hi @Cloudsupport ,

I don't completely follow the scenario that you described - are you saying the support department is handing over to another department? What do you mean by 'organization' - another company? That said, to discuss the Cloudera license and commercial arrangements you should reach out to the Cloudera account team for your organization.

Regards,

Steve

New Contributor

Hi Steve,

ClouderaManager installed working on the existing cluster (X company), They have licence and they are managing.

Now  X company  aggrement is over,  handover to Y company.(X company moving out completly)

For this scenario, how to transfer CDH licence : X to Y company.

Thanks

Dwaraka Y

Expert Contributor

Hi @Cloudsupport ,

Thanks for clarifying the situation.

If you are happy to message me privately via the Cloud Community messaging capability and tell me who company X and company Y are, I will see if I can get someone to help you.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

New Contributor

I am not getting what you are saying.

let say for example, you and myself, how to transfer the CM licence.

you means: abc organization

myself means: xyz organization

Thanks

Expert Contributor

In your example you cannot just give me a Cloudera license because I would not have a commercial relationship with Cloudera - I wouldn't be able to raise support tickets for example because Cloudera would have no record of me.  You need to speak to your Cloudera sales account team to discuss your situation.

Steve