Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[Closed] : Apache Kafka Consumer-Producer Confusion

Contributor

I am new to Apache Kafka and I know what is Producer and Consumer. But the Official document says

1. It is a streaming platform.
  2. It is enterprise messaging system.
  3. Kafka has connectors which are import and export data from databases and other system also.

what does it mean? Can anyone explain me?

And I know Producers are a client application which sends data to Kafka Broker and Consumers are also client application which read data from Kafka Broker.

But my question is, can consumer push data into Kafka Broker?

And as per my knowledge, I assume that If Consumer wants to push data into Kafka Broker, It become Producer. Is it correct ? Any suggestion. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

It is used for distribution of a data on a public-subscriber model with a storage layer and processing layer.

2. It is an enterprise messaging system.

Big Data infrastructure is open source, so big data market cost per year approximately $40B and may be increased day by day. So it has come to host of hardware. Despite the open source nature of much of his software, there's a lot of money to be made.

3. Kafka has connectors which are import and export data from databases and other systems also.

Kafka connect provides connectors i.e. Source connector, Sink Connector, JDBC Connector. It provides a facility to importing data from sources and exporting it to multiple targets.

Producers: It can only push data to a Kafka broker or we can say publish data.

Consumers: It can only pull data from the Kafka broker.

Thank you,

Jay.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

It is used for distribution of a data on a public-subscriber model with a storage layer and processing layer.

2. It is an enterprise messaging system.

Big Data infrastructure is open source, so big data market cost per year approximately $40B and may be increased day by day. So it has come to host of hardware. Despite the open source nature of much of his software, there's a lot of money to be made.

3. Kafka has connectors which are import and export data from databases and other systems also.

Kafka connect provides connectors i.e. Source connector, Sink Connector, JDBC Connector. It provides a facility to importing data from sources and exporting it to multiple targets.

Producers: It can only push data to a Kafka broker or we can say publish data.

Consumers: It can only pull data from the Kafka broker.

Thank you,

Jay.