Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

*Closed*: Cloudbreak on Azure - Support for assigning all masters to the same availability set for redundancy

Contributor

Hello-

Attempted:
Create a multi-master cluster, on Azure with masters and workers placed in master node availability set and worker node availability set respectively,

Blueprint:
Each master is assigned to a host group similar to this.

Availability sets:
In the "Configure cluster" tab of provisioning steps, created an availability set for masters called "as-masternodes".

Issue:
The "as-masternodes" availability set, is available for selection for only one master via the GUI after which it becomes unavailable for selection for other master nodes. Only one master ends up in the availability set specified for master nodes.

Question:
Please let me know how I can achieve adding all master nodes to the same availability set. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Airawat Your issue seems to be valid but unfortunately currently this is not possible as each availability set can be assigned to at most one hostgroup.

I have filed a ticket so this restriction will be removed in a future release.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Airawat Your issue seems to be valid but unfortunately currently this is not possible as each availability set can be assigned to at most one hostgroup.

I have filed a ticket so this restriction will be removed in a future release.

Contributor
@pdarvasi

Availability set support for masters, premium managed disks support, and GA of Kerberos will drive increased adoption of CloudBreak on Azure. We look forward to support for the same.