Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloud break user admin

Contributor

I need to create a user in the cloudbreak web interface to tie into our deployment pipeline. This user doesn't have a working email address I can use to initiate the user creation. Is there any way to manually setup a user and password in the web interface or via the command line?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Liam MacInnes

The normal process requires an administrator to invite an user and email address is required. You are asking for a hack 🙂 , but e-mail address is a required field. The reason is that notifications are submitted on various actions. I'm sorry, but that's how Cloudbreak works currently. If reasonable, vote/accept answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

@Liam MacInnes

The normal process requires an administrator to invite an user and email address is required. You are asking for a hack 🙂 , but e-mail address is a required field. The reason is that notifications are submitted on various actions. I'm sorry, but that's how Cloudbreak works currently. If reasonable, vote/accept answer.

Contributor

I'm accepting this as the current answer. But might I suggest that this is probably not the best way to handle user creation/admin in general. While I understand the requirement for an email address to send notifications, it seems that even going with this line of thinking there should be no requirement for the email address to be unique, or user creation to be based on the idea of an "invitation" as opposed to the admin directly creating a user. If the requirement for email address uniqueness and the ability of an admin to directly create a user was added that would make for a much more sane, and more general purpose user system that would facilitate the creation of utility users for things like CI pipelines.