Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CloudBreak - How to edit templeates in Azure ?

Explorer

Hi,

I'm using CloudBreak to deploy to Azure a new cluster. However my environment have Firewall, and I cannot use NSG (Network Security Groups). Any way I can edit template to not include NSG ? Is a large environment to not use CloudBreak.

Thanks,

Nuno

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Nuno Nunes Unfortunately this feature is not supported in Cloudbreak yet, it is in the roadmap though.

One workaround is to write and apply a post-install recipe with which you delete the security group after cluster install.

Another one is to fork Cloudbreak and remove the NSG related part (I know it is quite cumbersome..)

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Nuno Nunes Unfortunately this feature is not supported in Cloudbreak yet, it is in the roadmap though.

One workaround is to write and apply a post-install recipe with which you delete the security group after cluster install.

Another one is to fork Cloudbreak and remove the NSG related part (I know it is quite cumbersome..)

Hope this helps!

Explorer

Hi @pdarvasi thanks for you help. Delete NSG is not an option, since NSG is associated with another resources. Is very hard. What's roadmap date for this feature?

@Nuno Nunes

Actually you can try out our 2.3 RC version, hopefully it contains the solution for your problem.

You can install the deployer:

curl -Ls https://4383-32450069-gh.circle-artifacts.com/0/tmp/circle-artifacts.YypAJ5E/cbd-linux.tgz | sudo tar -xz -C /bin cbd
cbd version

After that, if you use an existing network and select "Don't Create Public IP" option during cluster install, Cloudbreak won't create any NSG's.

Hope this helps!

@Nuno Nunes Have you been able to try that out?

Explorer

Hi @pdarvasi, we have found an workaround: If you use an already created vnet/subnet in Azure, Cloudbreak will not create NSG. It's we're doing right now. But I'm going to take a look at 2.3 RC Version, and see what we have new.

Thanks

@Nuno Nunes Ok, glad to hear that you get it working. In the meantime, as your question has been answered, would you please consider accepting it?