Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudbreak Azure Marketplace Deployment Failing - Time Out

Contributor

Hi,

Is anyone experiencing a problem trying to deploy Cloudbreak deployer from the Azure Marketplace? I start the deployment and the resource group and resources are created but then the cbdeployerVM/installcustomscript runs forever eventually failing on a timeout error. See screenshot. I cannot get this to work, I've tried using different regions (North & West Europe) but no difference.

83395-cbd-azure-timeout.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Paul Norris, Why don't you try using the following link instead of the Cloudbreak available on the Azure Marketplace. This installs Cloudbreak 2.7.1 while the Azure Marketplace version is older:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Cloudbreak/Cloudbreak-2.7.1/content/azure-quick/index.html...

After navigating to this page, click on the blue button to open the install template.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@Paul Norris, Why don't you try using the following link instead of the Cloudbreak available on the Azure Marketplace. This installs Cloudbreak 2.7.1 while the Azure Marketplace version is older:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Cloudbreak/Cloudbreak-2.7.1/content/azure-quick/index.html...

After navigating to this page, click on the blue button to open the install template.

Contributor

Thanks, @Dominika Bialek. That has worked, I got an error initially as the default Standard_DS2 VM size isn't available in Western Europe, changing this to Standard_DS2_v2 did the trick.

New Contributor

Bonjour Dominika,

Is there a way to know which "VM Size" to choose from when using the location "Canada Central"?

Merci,

François.

Explorer

Hi Dominika,

I get error an error when you paste output link into my google browser

cloudbreak-controller-yv2j46nvuqfic.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com refused to connect.

Please let me know if this is expected, and how to get around this.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Community Manager

@Law, as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Cloudera Employee

Hey @Law ,

Can you please provide your cloudbreak version and from where you are taking this link. 

Also, if you can start a new thread with your query and related information  specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question.

@Paul Norris I'm glad it worked for you. We will look into the Cloudbreak deployment problem from the Azure Marketplace.

CC @pdarvasi

New Contributor

@Dominika Bialek, I had the exact same issue yesterday, I tried different DCs (Sydney and US) and different VMs, same timeout errors for all. I am going to try now your suggested link...

Hey @Dominika Bialek and @Paul Norris, I just wanted to let you know that I was getting the exact same error, I tried different data centers (Sydney, US) and different VMs, they all timed out. I am gonna try now Dominika's suggested link above...