Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudbreak cluster creation in AWS failing

I created the role based credentials, and tried to create a cluster M3.large ec2s with the template(miniviable-aws) and hdp-small-default blueprint, I got the below event logs

5/20/2016 11:08:33 PM finaltry - create in progress: Creating infrastructure5/20/2016 11:10:41 PM finaltry - update in progress: Infrastructure creation took 127 seconds5/20/2016 11:10:43 PM finaltry - available: Infrastructure metadata collection finished5/20/2016 11:12:40 PM finaltry - update in progress: Bootstrapping infrastructure cluster5/20/2016 11:13:19 PM finaltry - update in progress: Setting up infrastructure metadata5/20/2016 11:13:19 PM finaltry - update in progress: Starting Ambari cluster containers5/20/2016 11:13:50 PM finaltry - update in progress: Starting Ambari cluster5/20/2016 11:17:02 PM finaltry - update in progress: Building Ambari cluster; Ambari ip:xx.xx.xx.xxxx 5/20/2016 11:44:53 PM finaltry - create failed: Ambari cluster could not be created. Reason: com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.service.cluster.AmbariOperationFailedException: Cluster installation failed to complete, please check the Ambari UI for more details. You can try to reinstall the cluster with a different blueprint or fix the failures in Ambari and sync the cluster with Cloudbreak later.
I got this error, when I saw the error log in ambari, Python script has been killed due to timeout after waiting 1800 secs
So, I changed the timeout to 3600 (agent.package.install.task.timeout=3600) in /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties in the container
and restarted the installations individually in Ambari, MySQL server installation takes forever. Is there any workaround please?
any help is appreciated.Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Which version of CBD are you using (cbd version)?

There was an issue in 1.2.2 (due to an updated systemd version) which has been fixed - download the latest 1.2.3 binary or do a cbd update. After that you should do a cbd kill && cbd regenerate && cbd start

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I used us-east-1 public cloud image ami-5e20c033 to provision the cloud deployer container, performed a cbd update too.

New Contributor

I've been using cloud break for nearly 4 months. I just started facing this issue past few days. It seems like cloud break deployment on AWS contains some bug that's causing this failure. Can someone help to resolve it please?

Rising Star

Which version of CBD are you using (cbd version)?

There was an issue in 1.2.2 (due to an updated systemd version) which has been fixed - download the latest 1.2.3 binary or do a cbd update. After that you should do a cbd kill && cbd regenerate && cbd start

Thanks Janos!

I was using the CBD 1.2.3

I did the below in the image

cbd doctor

===> Deployer doctor: Checks your environment, and reports a diagnose.

uname: Linux ip-xxxxxxx.ec2.internal xxxxxxxxxx.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Jan 23 04:54:55 EST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

local version:1.2.2

latest release:1.2.3

[WARN] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[WARN] Your version is outdated

[WARN] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[WARN] Please update it by:

cbd update

docker command exists: OK

docker client version: 1.9.1

docker client version: 1.9.1

ping 8.8.8.8 on host: OK

ping github.com on host: OK

ping 8.8.8.8 in container: OK

ping github.com in container: OK

[cloudbreak@ip-xxxxxxxxxxx cloudbreak-deployment]$ cbd update

Updating /usr/bin/cbd from url: https://github.com/sequenceiq/cloudbreak-deployer/releases/download/v1.2.3/cloudbreak-deployer_1.2.3...

mv: try to overwrite '/usr/bin/cbd', overriding mode 0755 (rwxr-xr-x)? y

[cloudbreak@ip-xxxxxxx cloudbreak-deployment]$ cbd update

I have done the cbd regenerate as well. I will try in the order you advised(cbd kill && cbd regenerate && cbd start) and see what happens. I will post my findings here. Thanks!

Thanks @Janos Matyas

I updated the cbd to 1.2.3 and issued the following commands

cbd kill && cbd regenerate && cbd start

It worked perfectly and built the cluster. Thanks for the help!

@Janos Matyas

Thank you so much Janos, I updated it to 1.2.3 and issued the commands cbd kill && cbd regenerate && cbd start

it worked perfectly and created a cluster, thanks! I am building a spark cluster, with sample blueprint, I will post my experience with spark cluster as well here.

Spark cluster also built successfully with cbd1.2.3!