Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Director config overrides in template

Solved Go to solution

Cloudera Director config overrides in template

Master Collaborator

Hello,

I am using template json files for cluster configuration, and I was wondering if there is a list of configuration items which can be used in the "configs" entry for the particular service such as HIVE, HDFS, KUDU etc.

One example:

the HA fencing methods is set via config like this:

HDFS {
    dfs_ha_fencing_methods: "shell(true)"
}

But the actual configuration value in ClouderaManager is:

dfs.ha_fencing_methods

(dfs dot ha_fencing_methods)

So my question is how to find out the correct name for the config item, if I know it from the CM?

Is it just a simple replace of dot with the underscore? Or is there any documentation listing all the available fields/configuration items for the services?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cloudera Director config overrides in template

Expert Contributor

Tomas79,

Please refer to the CM and CDH documentation. Use the "API Name"

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/properties/5-15-x/topics/cm_props_cdh5150.html

Note that "Service-wide" configurations are specified at the cluster level in the serviceConfigs block while the role-specific configurations are specified per instance group in the roleTypeConfigs blocks.

David

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Tomas79,

Please refer to the CM and CDH documentation. Use the "API Name"

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/properties/5-15-x/topics/cm_props_cdh5150.html

Note that "Service-wide" configurations are specified at the cluster level in the serviceConfigs block while the role-specific configurations are specified per instance group in the roleTypeConfigs blocks.

David

Master Collaborator

Thanks for the list. Is there a similar documentation for Cloudera Manager service configuration items?

I would like to set Event Server, Host Monitor, Service Monitor, Report Manager heap memory sizes in the template file.

Contributor
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here