Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition trial expired . Will i be able to access cloudera manager?

Explorer

Hi, 

I have Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition trial version installed in my environment. So I am getting an message like below when I login into my cloudera manager. 

You have 3 days left to try Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition.

After that, you will need a valid license, or you can revert to using Cloudera Express. Your cluster will remain unaffected.

So will I be able to login to my cloudera manager after the license expire?,

will this effect my Hadoop cluster?

How can I revert to using Cloudera Express?

Thanks You!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Master Guru

@Sample01 Yes, that's right. 

1. On the License page, click End Trial.
  2. Confirm that you want to end the trial.
  3. Restart the Cloudera Management Service, HBase, HDFS, and Hive services to pick up configuration changes.

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

Explorer

@GangWar  Okay, got it. Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

@Sample01 Yes, you can still be able to login in CM and use the cluster but there will be some features which will e disabled. Please see the below doc what features will not be there after Enterprise license expired: 

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ag_licenses.html

In future if you want to upgrade to Enterprise license you just simply upload the license and it’s done. Steps given in same doc above. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

Hi @GangWar. Thank you for your quick response. So my trail license will expire tomorrow. 
so once the license expires

On the License page, click End Trial. and restart my Cloudera Management Service right? 
please confirm. 

Thank you !

Master Guru

@Sample01 Yes, that's right. 

1. On the License page, click End Trial.
  2. Confirm that you want to end the trial.
  3. Restart the Cloudera Management Service, HBase, HDFS, and Hive services to pick up configuration changes.

Cheers!

Explorer

@GangWar  Okay, got it. Thank you so much.