Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera HUE, create workflow/scheduling without SUPERUSER role.

New Contributor

Hello everyone, 
I'm running HUE version 4. I can create workflow and schedule it as well just fine, but only if the account is in "SUPERUSER" mode. i.e. under user profile, if the user has all the role permissions but no superuser is checked under user profile, no Scheduler (Workflow, Scheduling, Bundle) is shown at all in the menu. 

I want to grant a standard user the workflow/scheduling creating option but I don't want it to be a superuser, can I accomplish this somehow? 

Please guide me, thanks. 

hue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

@had00p101 

To allow scheduler access, please uncheck the permission disable_editor_access if this is enabled for the hue user group. 

Only oozie.access, oozie.dashboard_jobs_access is required to be set under the group permissions set for user in Hue.

Hope this helps,

Paras

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

@had00p101 

To allow scheduler access, please uncheck the permission disable_editor_access if this is enabled for the hue user group. 

Only oozie.access, oozie.dashboard_jobs_access is required to be set under the group permissions set for user in Hue.

Hope this helps,

Paras

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Thats it. I've managed work this by your recommendation. 

Thank you so much for the help! Cheers!