Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Installation on Red Hat Enterprise 6.4

New Contributor

Do you need a valid subscription of Red Hat for Cloudera Manager installation? If not, how can I go about to install it? I created a local yum repository based on the Red Hat DVD, but when I try to install Cloudera Manager, it just hang and does not proceed.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Master Collaborator

Yes,

There are dependancies, add your second DVD to the repo, as there are older releases of the cyrus-sasl libs that are pulled in by the 1.6.0_31 JDK that are on DVD2.

Not having RHEL repo and patch access is not reccomended for production environments however.

Todd

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Hi Todd,

Thanks. I created a repo file and point it to rhel local repository. I managed to setup 3 servers using local yum repository. I am using Cloudera Manager 4.6.3 and created local repository for Cloudera also. 

Currently, I managed to setup one master and 2 slaves for the Cloudera Hadoop.

Regards.

Mohammad Rafi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

Yes,

There are dependancies, add your second DVD to the repo, as there are older releases of the cyrus-sasl libs that are pulled in by the 1.6.0_31 JDK that are on DVD2.

Not having RHEL repo and patch access is not reccomended for production environments however.

Todd

New Contributor

Hi Todd,

Thanks. I created a repo file and point it to rhel local repository. I managed to setup 3 servers using local yum repository. I am using Cloudera Manager 4.6.3 and created local repository for Cloudera also. 

Currently, I managed to setup one master and 2 slaves for the Cloudera Hadoop.

Regards.

Mohammad Rafi