Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring Override

Contributor

CM 5.0.1

CDH 4.6

Nodes: 9 (Managment and DataNodes)

I wanted to override the default values for:

1. Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring Percentage Thresholds

2. Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring Absolute Thresholds

At the time I was unaware of how to override these values at the Global level so I did so on each individual host. Now, I have updated the Global value and want to remove the local host overrides. I went onto each host, clicked on "Reset to Default Value:" (which showed my new global values,) and then clicked on "save changes." 

Cloudera Manager indicated that both changes were saved but the properties still showed as being locally overriden and when I checked the global parameter it says it is still being ovrridden by 9 local hosts. 

How can I remove the local overrides? Right now it's not a big issue but if I need to change these later I want to be able to do it at the global level and not have to do this on each individual host. 

thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi Greg,

You found the correct way to do things, so you're already well on the way! Let's get your configuration overrides removed so th global can take precedence.

Cloudera Manager will be aware that you have host-level overrides and in fact provides a way to help you batch them back to default such that they inherit this from the global setting. Here are a few screenshots of how that would look:

1. Go to the Hosts tab, then Configuration tab. Click Monitoring on the left side and find the Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring setting you've changed. There should be grey text "Overridden by N host(s)". Expand this, then click Edit Overrides.
    hosts_config

2. On the overrides screen you can click the top-most checkbox to select ALL hosts for which you individually applied overrides, and tell them to revert back to inheriting their configuration from the global level:
    editoverrrides
  3. Now return to the Hosts tab, then Configuration tab. Click Monitoring on the left side and find the Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring configuration property. You'll find that in the property coulmn for this, there is no mention of overrides. All hosts are now using this global setting. Congratulations!
    no_overrides.png

Repeat for 'Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring Percentage Thresholds' or others as necessary.

Hope this helps,

--

Mark S.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

Hi Greg,

You found the correct way to do things, so you're already well on the way! Let's get your configuration overrides removed so th global can take precedence.

Cloudera Manager will be aware that you have host-level overrides and in fact provides a way to help you batch them back to default such that they inherit this from the global setting. Here are a few screenshots of how that would look:

1. Go to the Hosts tab, then Configuration tab. Click Monitoring on the left side and find the Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring setting you've changed. There should be grey text "Overridden by N host(s)". Expand this, then click Edit Overrides.
    hosts_config

2. On the overrides screen you can click the top-most checkbox to select ALL hosts for which you individually applied overrides, and tell them to revert back to inheriting their configuration from the global level:
    editoverrrides
  3. Now return to the Hosts tab, then Configuration tab. Click Monitoring on the left side and find the Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring configuration property. You'll find that in the property coulmn for this, there is no mention of overrides. All hosts are now using this global setting. Congratulations!
    no_overrides.png

Repeat for 'Cloudera Manager Agent Parcel Directory Free Space Monitoring Percentage Thresholds' or others as necessary.

Hope this helps,

--

Mark S.