Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager Issue

Explorer

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue with the Cloudera Manager, HDFS is neither stopping nor starting and not able to decommission too, as it gives an error that one of the node in the cluster is in stopping state, I am not able to restart it too. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

Super Guru

@Neera456 ,

Hard to say with the little information provided. It could be a lot of things.

Try restarting the Cloudera Manager from the command line (sudo systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server) and see if the problems go away.

If not, you'll have to look for the root cause in the logs (CM's or HDFS's)

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Hello André,

I am not able to restart Cloudera Manager it gives me an error stating that one of the node is in stopping state. Will look into the logs. Thank you!

Regards,

Neeraj

Super Guru

@Neera456 

Which procedure did you use to restart Cloudera Manager?

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Explorer

I tried by restarting from Command line, however it restarts but after loading Cloudera Manager UI again, HDFS keeps spinning and when I try to remove the HDFS service it gives the same node error that it is in stopping state. I am not able to restart from CM UI, gives the same error as mentioned above.

Super Guru

What's the version of your Cloudera Manager?

André

--

Community Manager

@Neera456 Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Hello Diana,

Apologies!, have responded to Mr. Andre comment.

Regards,

Neeraj

Expert Contributor

Hi @Neera456 

If the HDFS role (or any role, for that matter) is stuck in a STOPPING or STARTING state, this means that there could have been an interruption when the supervisor sent it's one time ACK.

To solve this, you can use the following KB article:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Customer/Role-Managed-by-Cloudera-Manager-Stuck-in-Stopping-or/ta-...

If this does not work, we can edit the ROLES table.

please let me know if this works

Community Manager

@Neera456 Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. If you are still experiencing the issue, can you provide the information requested? Thanks!

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: