Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager is not showing add service option for Nifi

Explorer

Hi, On our Cloudera Cluster version 7.11.3, added new Nifi and nifi registry parcels and csds. Restarted cloudera-scm-server and cloudera-scm-agents and cloudera manager services, but still not seeting any of the nifi or nifi registries when I add service. 

Nifi version 1.26.0

Checked scm-server and scm-agent logs no errors. What else am I missing ,Any idea why ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

The issue was with the corrupted CSD Jar files. When I try to do curl for download, looks like the csd jars didn't download fully for whatever reason. So I had do manually get them and put them /opt/cloudera/csd and verified the permissions and ownership 644 and cloudera-scm and restarted both cm server service, which fixed the issue. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Community Manager

@Sunny9 Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our NiFi experts @MattWho @steven-matison  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Collaborator

Hello @Sunny9,

Thank you for reaching out

Please try checking the below link where the same problem was answered. The version might be different but the answer is in much detail

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/NIFI-and-NIFI-Registry-service-not-visible-in-Co...

Explorer

Hi @upadhyayk04 , Thank you but I looked at that already and tried that too, Our CDP version is 7.11.3 and CDF version is 2.1.7.0-435 we have no issues in distributing the parcels and copying the CSD for nifi and nifiregistries but still don't see the add services for these two.

Master Mentor

@Sunny9 

What version of CDP is installed?  Is it CDP 7.1.7 or newer as required by CFM 2.1.7?
Was parcel and CSDs installed on CM host?

Did you verify proper permissions and ownership on the CFM Parcels and CSDs?

• Parcels are typically owned by root with 755 permissions and are located in /opt/cloudera/parcels/ folder.
  • CSDs are owned typically by "cloudera-scm" user with 644 permissions. (there are two jars for CFM: 1 NiFi and 1 NiFi-Registry).  Add-on CSDs are added typically to /opt/cloudera/csd/ folder.  Make sure you did not add them  to the /opt/cloudera/cm/csd/ folder by mistake.

Make sure you have Distributed and Activated the CFM parcel from within Cloudera Manager.

Please help our community thrive. If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with solving your issue or answering your question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt

Explorer

Hi @MattWho , Thank you.  Our CDP version is 7.11.3 and CDF version is 2.1.7.0-435 we have no issues in distributing the parcels and copying the CSD for nifi and nifiregistries but still don't see the add services for these two. Yes. I copied to the right folder /opt/cloudera/csd and verified the permissions and ownership 644 and cloudera-scm and restarted both cm server service, agents and clouders manager services as well but no luck.

Thanks

Sunil

Explorer

The issue was with the corrupted CSD Jar files. When I try to do curl for download, looks like the csd jars didn't download fully for whatever reason. So I had do manually get them and put them /opt/cloudera/csd and verified the permissions and ownership 644 and cloudera-scm and restarted both cm server service, which fixed the issue.