Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager won't start

Explorer

Hi, I achieved to install Cloudera Manager and CDH fully functional but I couldn't restart it. The server starts successfully with the service command, but if I check the port and services in my machine, there isn't any 7180 (web administration) or 7182 (agent communication) port. So checking /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log I found these errors. I've checked iptables configuration and it's everything OK, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi everyone, I finally have solved this. After re-installing a few times Cloudera Manager Server using Path A, I have tried with Path B and it works after resolving another issues.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Maragon,

Do you setup a database first ? If so, did you update the cloudera manager config file to specify the db info & access ? (check db.properties under /etc/cloudera-scm-server)

The following error indicate an db connection fails : Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Could not open connection

Regards,

Explorer

Hello gvd07, thank you for answering. I've checked it and I've not found anything strange. Here is my db.properties:

# Auto-generated by initialize_embedded_db.sh
#
# 20170306-122252
#
# These are database settings for CM Manager
#
com.cloudera.cmf.db.type=postgresql
com.cloudera.cmf.db.host=localhost:7432
com.cloudera.cmf.db.name=scm
com.cloudera.cmf.db.user=scm
com.cloudera.cmf.db.password=**********
com.cloudera.cmf.db.setupType=EMBEDDED

I've tried to connect to the db using psql, so the db must be accessible.

Ok, I guess I should have ask first what installation type you did.

Seems you did path A right ? At least you are able to connect to the DB.

Unfortunatly I cannot help that much, I've done the path B as you have more control on what is installed.

Good luck,

Regards,

Master Guru

Hi @maragon,

You mentioned that you tried to use psql to connect; what command did you use and what was the result?

It would be unusual that you can connect but Cloudera Manager cannot.  Nonetheless, you may want to try restarting the embedded database:

service cloudera-scm-server-db restart

Then try:

service cloudera-scm-server start

Explorer

Hi @bgooley, I use "psql", here it is the result:

[root@servidor ~]# psql -h localhost -p 7432 -U scm -d scm
Password for user scm: 
psql (9.2.18)
Type "help" for help.

scm=> 

I also tried to restart the services in all the possible ways.

Explorer

Hi everyone, I finally have solved this. After re-installing a few times Cloudera Manager Server using Path A, I have tried with Path B and it works after resolving another issues.