Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera ODBC 2.5 configuration for Secure cluster - Server not found on keberos database

Contributor

Hello All, I followed the following steps and I get error "Server Not Found Error on Kerberos Database error). please see the attached document for images.

1.)    Install MIT client on laptop

2.)    Copy krb5.conf from hadoop cluster to laptop and rename as krb5.ini

3.)    Install Cloudera ODBC  2.5 Driver for hive on laptop

4.)    Get the ticket using MIT client for SPN (  das/chapdt3hdpdmr1.ops.tiaa-cref.org@TIAA-HADOOP-K5.COM)

5.)    Verify the ticket   - ticket is there

6.)    Now Test the ODBC using 32bit DSN

7.)     I get the following error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hello All,

I worked with cloudera support to solve this issue. The issue is basically krb5cache file location not at c:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5\

So you need to add the windows system variable  KRB5CCNAME and specify value as C:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5\krb5cache 

than - regenrate the ticket

close the ODBC 32 administrator

open ODBC 32 bit adaministrator

test it now

it will work

I have documented the full procedure needed to connect tableau 8.0.4 or higher to secure hive. So if you need it ..shoot me message.

Thanks,

Ram

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

Guru

@Ram it appears that your error messages and/or attachments didn't make it into your posts.  Can you cut and paste the error again?

Contributor

sorry , I was not able to cut and past the images earlier.hive2 error.pngODBC-2.5-Config.pngk5-ticket.png

Contributor

Hello All,

I worked with cloudera support to solve this issue. The issue is basically krb5cache file location not at c:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5\

So you need to add the windows system variable  KRB5CCNAME and specify value as C:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5\krb5cache 

than - regenrate the ticket

close the ODBC 32 administrator

open ODBC 32 bit adaministrator

test it now

it will work

I have documented the full procedure needed to connect tableau 8.0.4 or higher to secure hive. So if you need it ..shoot me message.

Thanks,

Ram