Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera datasource - How do I get number of Hbase regions per server?

New Contributor

Hello,

I want to graph number of HBase regions per regionserver. In Ambari there was a metric regionserver.Server.regionCount, that provided just that. In CM the closest query I could find is "select regions_across_regionservers" that shows me an average number of regions per server. Average is useful, but I want to track per server data.

I know how to get it from command line, or from master web gui.  I am looking specifically for datasource query so I can graph it with grafana.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @sgenchev 

While I am not familiar with building Charts to answer the Query, I shall share a few CLI approaches:

(I) HBCK: Running "hbase hbck --details" prints [1] detailing the Regions per RegionServer.

(II) Using JMX: Say, the HMaster UI is "http://HMaster1:22002/master-status". 

Replace "master-status" with "jmx", which prints the JSON Output. Additional filtering can be done to capture the Regions per RegionServers. 

Regards, Smarak

[1] HBCK Output:

RegionServer: RegionServer1,22101,1655811831192 number of regions: 1

RegionServer: RegionServer2,22101,1655811830393 number of regions: 1

RegionServer: RegionServer2,22101,1655811832307 number of regions: 1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Hello @sgenchev 

While I am not familiar with building Charts to answer the Query, I shall share a few CLI approaches:

(I) HBCK: Running "hbase hbck --details" prints [1] detailing the Regions per RegionServer.

(II) Using JMX: Say, the HMaster UI is "http://HMaster1:22002/master-status". 

Replace "master-status" with "jmx", which prints the JSON Output. Additional filtering can be done to capture the Regions per RegionServers. 

Regards, Smarak

[1] HBCK Output:

RegionServer: RegionServer1,22101,1655811831192 number of regions: 1

RegionServer: RegionServer2,22101,1655811830393 number of regions: 1

RegionServer: RegionServer2,22101,1655811832307 number of regions: 1

Super Collaborator

Hello @sgenchev 

We hope your Q concerning identifying the Region/RegionServers was addressed by our 06/22 Post. As such, We shall mark the Post as Resolved. If you have any concerns, Feel free to update the Post & we shall get back to you accordingly.

Regards, Smarak