Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Clouderaa Manager Install Error Cannot have empty version string segment

Explorer

OK, so I"ve nearly completed a CDH5.3.2 Cloudera Manager Installation and when navigating to the next to last installation screen, get a lightbox error message "Cannot have empty version string segment" with only a close button...  

So click the Close button and can't seem to move forward and I'm not interested in uninstalling...

so what can I do to fix this in the background??  Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.

mit Freundlichen Grüßen (with Friendly Greetings),

Jan

Jan Peters

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi Darren,

Thank you for getting back to me; seems I managed to work around this issue and get the cluster going so I'm good for now on this.

Jan

Jan Peters

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Can you provide more information? A screenshot would help. The exact title of the page would also be informative.

Did you already install CDH (which is distinct from installing CM)? Did you install CDH using Packages or Parcels?

Thanks,
Darren

Explorer

Hi Darren,

Thank you for getting back to me; seems I managed to work around this issue and get the cluster going so I'm good for now on this.

Jan

Jan Peters

New Contributor

Jan,

I got exactly the same problem when installing 5.4.2. How did you work around with the issue? Could you please share?

Thanks,

KC

Explorer

Thanks for your note & question; This was several weeks ago and I didn't take extensive notes...  I seem to remember abandoning the session at that point and circled back a day or two later only to find that Cloudera Manager had successrully installed.  At that point, i was able to add nodes and servives individually which resulted in a working cluster for our lab...  apologies for the lack of detail here but believe you'll have enough direction to hack your way through this.

Jan

Expert Contributor
Please let us know how you fixed this Jan
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ripunjay Godhani

Master Guru

Hello,

In order to debug this further we'll need to know what is calling into the version string check.  The message you see, "Cannot have empty version string segment" is coming from a part of code that is called from various classes.

Please look at your /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log and see if there is a "Cannot have empty version string segment" message and a stack trace associated with it.  If so, please include the full stack trace and error.

Based on the code, I am not sure if we will actually get a stack, but I'm hoping!

- Ben

KC, is the cluster otherwise ok? Please provide a screenshot of the entire browser window like Darren asked, this will help us narrow down the source of the popup
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Explorer

Hi support 

I have the same issue  like below  ,please help!2015-06-09_090330.jpg

2015-06-09_090346.jpg

What version of Cloudera Manager are you running?
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan