Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Configuring Zeppelin Spark Interpreters

Rising Star

I installed zeppelin manually on my node(not sandbox) but after following through the instructions on configuring the spark notebook I notice that when I run "sc.version" it throws me an error(below):

sc.version

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589) at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:182) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.ClientFactory.create(ClientFactory.java:51) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.ClientFactory.create(ClientFactory.java:37) at org.apache.commons.pool2.BasePooledObjectFactory.makeObject(BasePooledObjectFactory.java:60) at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.create(GenericObjectPool.java:861) at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:435) at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:363) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterProcess.getClient(RemoteInterpreterProcess.java:142) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreter.getFormType(RemoteInterpreter.java:271) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.getFormType(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:104) at org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.Paragraph.jobRun(Paragraph.java:199) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:171) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.RemoteScheduler$JobRunner.run(RemoteScheduler.java:326) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

19 REPLIES 19

Expert Contributor

@Koffi Did you configure the interpreter correctly?

refer to this link for more details

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/apache-zeppelin-hdp-2-4/

Rising Star

@Yogeshprabhu thanks very much for reaching back to me, I redid the steps listed in the link above and still experiencing the same errors.I attached photos of my configs. Thanks alot

3700-spark-on-yarn-notebk-error.jpg

Expert Contributor
@Koffi

Can you also post a screenshot of your yarn interpreter settings on your zeppelin ?

Rising Star

@Yogeshprabhu I attached spark-yarn-client interpreter settings. Thanks

3747-spark-yarn-clinet-config.jpg

Try restarting spark interpreter within Zeppelin, if that doesn't work restart zeppelin. zappelin-daemon.sh restart can do the Zeppelin restart.

Rising Star

@vshukla restarted the zeppelin interpreter and zappelin-daemon.sh still geting the same error. Thanks

Master Guru

check out your local mac firewall settings, make sure nothing else is running on the same ports. make sure nothing requires root access. also restarting the server will sometimes do the trick.

Rising Star

@Timothy Spann nothing is conflicting with firewall settings and there are no services running on port 9995 except zeppelin.Since server in use I'll restart at down-time

Master Guru

is spark running in the cluster? is it on the default port.

can you access Spark? can you get to the spark history UI