Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connect hive with zookeeper in java

Contributor

String url = "jdbc:hive2://huge-agent02:10000/";

Class.forName(driverName);

conn =(Connection) DriverManager.getConnection(url, "hive", "hive");

when i replace url to zookeeper url (jdbc:hive2://huge-server:2181,huge-agent02:2181,huge-agent01:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2), it can not connected hive,why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Ye Jun

Are you passing the driverName as "org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver" ?

Also when you say with the mentioned url it can not connect .... does it mean that you are getting any error? Or is it getting hung for a long time?

Are the host names resolvable from the host where you are running the code?

Example: (from Client machine)

# telnet huge-server  2181
# telnet huge-agent02  2181
# telnet huge-agent01 2181

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Master Mentor

@Ye Jun

Are you passing the driverName as "org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver" ?

Also when you say with the mentioned url it can not connect .... does it mean that you are getting any error? Or is it getting hung for a long time?

Are the host names resolvable from the host where you are running the code?

Example: (from Client machine)

# telnet huge-server  2181
# telnet huge-agent02  2181
# telnet huge-agent01 2181

Contributor

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:170) at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:266) at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslClientTransport.open(TSaslClientTransport.java:37) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openTransport(HiveConnection.java:204) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:176) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:105) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215) at com.hugedata.hive.HiveJdbcConnect.getConnection(HiveJdbcConnect.java:19) at com.hugedata.hive.HiveTest.main(HiveTest.java:12)

Master Mentor

@Ye Jun

I see that some issues were reported with the "hive-jdbc" driver version jar. So can you please clarify which exact version of this jar are you using.

As i am able to run my test successfully at my end (for example i am using "http://repo.hortonworks.com/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hive/hive-jdbc/1.2.1000.2.5.3.0-37/" )

Master Mentor

@Ye Jun

I have uploaded a sample with the "pom.xml" for version check in the github repo: https://github.com/jaysensharma/MiddlewareMagicDemos/tree/master/HDP_Ambari/Hive/HiveJavaClient

Master Mentor

@Ye Jun

Good to know that the issue is resolved after changing the driver. It will be great if you can mark this HCC thread "Accepted" so that it will be useful for other users as well.

Contributor

@Jay SenSharma,this is my java code

public class HiveJdbcConnect {

private static String driverName = "org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver";

private static String url = "jdbc:hive2://huge-server:2181,huge-agent02:2181,huge-agent01:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2";

private static Connection conn = null;

public static Connection getConnection(){

if (conn == null) {

try {

Class.forName(driverName);

conn =(Connection) DriverManager.getConnection(url, "hive", "hive");

} catch (ClassNotFoundException e){

e.printStackTrace();

return null;

} catch (SQLException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

return null;

}

}

return conn;

}

}

Master Mentor

@Ye Jun

Try using a different version of "hive-jdbc" driver jar for example i am using "http://repo.hortonworks.com/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hive/hive-jdbc/1.2.1000.2.5.3.0.../"

Contributor

@Jay SenSharma,Thanks,i try it again.

Contributor

@Jay SenSharma, i change hive-jdbc version to 1.2.1000.2.5.0.0-1245 ,and solved this problem, thank you for your help.