Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connection Refused trying to access port 8000 (Hue) into my Hortonworks Sandbox in Azure

Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to access the web UI for Hue, using my Hortonworks Sandbox that is running on Azure.

I am doing a request to -> <myvirtualip>:8000 and having connection refused (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED) as answer. However, I can access to Ambari (using <myvirtualip>:8080, built in SSH client (<myvirtualip>:4200), etc.

Please, any help would be very useful.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Santiago Goro

I took a loot at your server and I found some weird things and fixed them, as described below:

1- When I tried to start hue (service hue start), I receive lots of permissions errors and fixed then changing owner of directory /var/log/hue (chown -R hue:hue /var/log/hue)

2- After turning on debug mode, I saw an error (django.db.utils.DatabaseError: no such table: auth_user), looks like hue database is corrput

3- I started a testserver (/usr/lib/hue/build/env/bin/hue testserver) which creates a fresh database, then I replaced corrupt database with this fresh database (cp /usr/lib/hue/desktop/desktop-test.db /var/lib/hue/desktop.db)

4- Finally, I restarted hue as root: service hue restart.

I'll talk to sandbox team to make sure sandbox 2.4 image from marketplace is ok, it not, we will fix there. if it's ok, we need to find out what cause those weird issues for you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Explorer

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your answer!

I already started Hue using the commands you sent me. However, when I try to access it through port 8000 I am having NotImplementedError as result.

I am attaching a screenshot notimplementederror.jpg

NotImplementedError at /accounts/login/

Request Method:GET
Request URL:http://13.92.103.143:8000/accounts/login/?next=/about/
Django Version:
Exception Type:NotImplementedError
Exception Value:
Exception Location:/usr/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.2.3-py2.6.egg/django/contrib/auth/models.py in save, line 427
Python Executable:/usr/bin/python2.6
Python Version:
Python Path:

Explorer

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your answer!

I already started Hue using the commands you sent me. However, when I try to access it through port 8000 I am having NotImplementedError as result.

I am attaching a screenshot notimplementederror.jpg

Hi @Santiago Goro

After some digging, I found http://gethue.com/how-to-deploy-hue-on-hdp/

It seems the sandbox ships with version 2.6.1 (can you verify you have 2.6.1 by viewing /usr/lib/hue/VERSION)

3074-screen-shot-2016-03-29-at-52807-pm.png

Can you try to http://gethue.com/hadoop-hue-3-on-hdp-installation-tutorial/

3075-screen-shot-2016-03-29-at-53055-pm.png

Let me know if that works

What are you trying to do with HUE? You might also consider checking out Ambari Views to see if that could help you accomplish your task.

Hi @Santiago Goro

I took a loot at your server and I found some weird things and fixed them, as described below:

1- When I tried to start hue (service hue start), I receive lots of permissions errors and fixed then changing owner of directory /var/log/hue (chown -R hue:hue /var/log/hue)

2- After turning on debug mode, I saw an error (django.db.utils.DatabaseError: no such table: auth_user), looks like hue database is corrput

3- I started a testserver (/usr/lib/hue/build/env/bin/hue testserver) which creates a fresh database, then I replaced corrupt database with this fresh database (cp /usr/lib/hue/desktop/desktop-test.db /var/lib/hue/desktop.db)

4- Finally, I restarted hue as root: service hue restart.

I'll talk to sandbox team to make sure sandbox 2.4 image from marketplace is ok, it not, we will fix there. if it's ok, we need to find out what cause those weird issues for you.

Explorer

Thank you Guilherme!!! Amazing news for me. It's working now 🙂

And thank you all guys, for your answers and your time.

Explorer

I followed this instruction and also did this additional thing to make Hue UI load -> chown -R hue:hue /usr/lib/hue

-Thanks

Explorer

HI,

Im trying setup HUE for HDP 2.4.0. I did all the steps mentioned. When i run the cmd service hue restart using sandbox ssl, im getting a message as hue started. But when i try accessing Hue UI using http://127.0.0.1:8000/ i get

This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

your help in resolving this will be highly appriciated.