Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Container exited with a non-zero exit code 13. Error file: prelaunch.err. on running spark-submit over docker over yarn

Hello all,

I am trying to run spark job using spark-submit with a docker image over yarn. 

I followed the instructions in the Blog provided by cloudera in the following link:

https://blog.cloudera.com/introducing-apache-spark-on-docker-on-top-of-apache-yarn-with-cdp-datacent...

and I ran into an error that I couldn't fine an answer to.

Note: I already did all the configurations required from the post.

I ran this command :

spark-submit \
--master yarn \
--deploy-mode cluster \
--conf spark.yarn.appMasterEnv.YARN_CONTAINER_RUNTIME_TYPE=docker \
--conf spark.yarn.appMasterEnv.YARN_CONTAINER_RUNTIME_DOCKER_IMAGE=faresdev8/python3:v5 \
--conf spark.yarn.appMasterEnv.YARN_CONTAINER_RUNTIME_DOCKER_MOUNTS="/etc/passwd:/etc/passwd:ro,/etc/hadoop:/etc/hadoop:ro,/opt/cloudera/parcels/:/opt/cloudera/parcels/:ro,/data1/opt/cloudera/parcels/:/data1/opt/cloudera/parcels/:ro" \
--conf spark.executorEnv.YARN_CONTAINER_RUNTIME_TYPE=docker \
--conf spark.executorEnv.YARN_CONTAINER_RUNTIME_DOCKER_IMAGE=faresdev8/python3:v5 \
--conf spark.executorEnv.YARN_CONTAINER_RUNTIME_DOCKER_MOUNTS="/etc/passwd:/etc/passwd:ro,/etc/hadoop:/etc/hadoop:ro,/opt/cloudera/parcels/:/opt/cloudera/parcels/:ro,/data1/opt/cloudera/parcels/:/data1/opt/cloudera/parcels/:ro" \
ols.py

And this is the error I get:

MLOpsEngineer_0-1659346343337.png

Sometimes its gives me an exit code 29. I don't understand what the problem is especially that I followed instructions properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay so I solved this problem.

if anyone got something related check on these 3 things:

1- spark version does not mismatch the python version. Spark 2 doesn't support python higher than 3.7.

2- Make sure that your python code starts a spark session, I forgot that I removed that when I was experimenting.

3- Make sure there are no problems in the code it self and test it on another machine to check if it works properly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Okay so I solved this problem.

if anyone got something related check on these 3 things:

1- spark version does not mismatch the python version. Spark 2 doesn't support python higher than 3.7.

2- Make sure that your python code starts a spark session, I forgot that I removed that when I was experimenting.

3- Make sure there are no problems in the code it self and test it on another machine to check if it works properly