Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Convert sqoop job upper bound and lower bound values to timestamp

Rising Star

I'm having an issue I was hoping someone could help me with. I'll try and explain as best as I can.

I'm currently trying to run an incremental sqoop job which pulls new data down based on when the job was last run. To do this I have used the incremental append option. This sqoop job also contains a free form query which is used to clean up columns containing additional whitespaces etc. The problem I am having is that I am doing the incremental import based on a timestamp column and the lower bound and upper bound values being generated by the sqoop job are not of a timestamp value so I am recieving type errors whenever I try and run the job. My question is, is there a way to insert a to_timestamp function around the lower bound and upper bound values so that the values are in the correct format when they are comparred to the timestamp column?

Some example code below:

Current output

WHERE ts > '2014-08-10 10:09:36.094' AND ts <= '2016-03-05 10:09:36.094'

Desired output

WHERE ( ts > TO_TIMESTAMP('2014-08-10 10:09:36.094', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS.FF') AND ts <= 
TO_TIMESTAMP('2016-03-05 10:09:36.094', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS.FF') )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

I've resolved this issue, turned out the problem came from a driver that was being used

--driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Removed the driver, problem solved!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

I should also note that the desired output appears if I use --table instead of --query, however --query is neccersary in order to tidy up the data.

Rising Star

I've resolved this issue, turned out the problem came from a driver that was being used

--driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Removed the driver, problem solved!