Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Could not find port with name 'portName' for remote NiFi instance

Hello, I cannot connect my NifiStorm java class to my NiFi instance. I get an exception error "Could not find port with name portName for remote NiFi instance". My NiFi instance is running with the port name = "portName" and Ambari reports that the DRPC server, nimbus, and the UI Server has started. It also reports that the Supervisor is live. I have Storm on my sandbox - HDP 3.2. What could be causing this unrecognized port name error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did not know about the secure mode option. I set the secure mode to false in the properties file and it fixed the issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor
@Alexander Aolaritei

Is the port that you create in NiFi an Output Port on the root group? If not, you will need to make sure that you have it configured this way. Also, if you are running NiFi in secure mode, you will need to ensure that your client authenticates properly and that you have granted access to client in NiFi by configuring the port and going to the 'Access Controls' tab.

Master Guru

Could provide a screen shot of your NiFi flow showing the output port?

I did not know about the secure mode option. I set the secure mode to false in the properties file and it fixed the issue. Thanks!