Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Could not start CLoudera Manager Server

Explorer

I succesfully installed Cloudera CDP Data Center on my CentOS7 virtual machine and after installing PostgreSQL i was unable to start the Cloudera Manager Server.

I ran the follwing command: "sudo service cloudera-scm-server start"

When i tried to access the Cloudra Manager on localhost:7180 and received: "Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:7180".

I checked the server status with the command: "service cloudera-scm-server status -l".

I received the following lines:

" Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status -l cloudera-scm-server.service
● cloudera-scm-server.service - Cloudera CM Server Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/cloudera-scm-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-08-09 22:53:58 WAT; 13s ago
Process: 6088 ExecStartPre=/opt/cloudera/cm/bin/cm-server-pre (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 6090 (java)
Tasks: 17
CGroup: /system.slice/cloudera-scm-server.service
└─6090 /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_232-cloudera/bin/java -cp .:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/java/oracle-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/java/postgresql-connector-java.jar:lib/* -server -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/etc/cloudera-scm-server/log4j.properties -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dcmf.root.logger=INFO,LOGFILE -Dcmf.log.dir=/var/log/cloudera-scm-server -Dcmf.log.file=cloudera-scm-server.log -Dcmf.jetty.threshhold=WARN -Dcmf.schema.dir=/opt/cloudera/cm/schema -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dpython.home=/opt/cloudera/cm/python -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xmx4G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=kill -9 %p com.cloudera.server.cmf.Main

Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connexion refusée (Connection refused)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:607)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.<init>(PGStream.java:68)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:144)
Aug 09 22:54:11 localhost.localdomain cm-server[6090]: ... 13 more "

Any ideas how i can fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

CM does not start up because it can't connect to the backend database.

Did you do a trial installation using cloudera-manager-installer.bin? Or did you you install using custom installed Postgresql database?

Please check if the database is up and running, and you can connect to it from CM host.

Explorer

i did the trial installation using cloudera-manager-installer.bin. My database is up and running? How can i connect to it from CM host? Sorry for all the questions i'm a beginner.

Explorer

I did a trial installation using cloudera-manager-installer.bin. I have been looking for a solution of this problem for weeks now, without being able to find one. Any ideas on how i can resolve this?