Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Couldn't open Ambari browser from HDP Sandbox

Solved Go to solution

Couldn't open Ambari browser from HDP Sandbox

New Contributor

I have installed HDP sandbox, but I don't know how to lunch a browser from it without having a GUI. I tried to install X11 but have the following error : Cannot retrieve repository metadata for repository HDP-2.4 Please verify its path and try again.

This problem blocks me from learning HDP-tutorial.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Couldn't open Ambari browser from HDP Sandbox

New Contributor

Thanks to Predrag I was able to start the tutorials.

Instead of visiting localhost:8080, I visitied IPaddressOfmySanadbox:8080 and it worked.

4 REPLIES 4

You don't need a browser in the Sandbox, just launch a browser like Firefox from your PC, and visit http://localhost:8080

New Contributor

Thank you for your answer, but is there any additional step to do before visiting htto://localhost:8080. Because when login to my sandbox and then lunching the browser on the host machine and visiting the link above I got Connection failed !

Try running /root/start_ambari.sh, check "ambari-server status" and if Ambari is running retry access from the browser.

New Contributor

Thanks to Predrag I was able to start the tutorials.

Instead of visiting localhost:8080, I visitied IPaddressOfmySanadbox:8080 and it worked.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here